So, What is my grade Mr. Duez?
There are 2 Extra Credit opportunities each 9 week period
**MUST BE WRITTEN IN PARAGRAPH FORM**
|You'll find that college professors|
don't do extra credit (even Cat Profs).
Boost your test average; lowest test score will get an additional 20%. Must print (or write out) the review form, parent signature, and written 250 word review citing Strayer & what we have learned - or will learn in class.
2. Set of 2 Graphic Organizers & Summaries:
Boost your quiz/classwork grade average; lowest quiz score becomes a 100%. Must be on white, non-lined paper, in your own hand writing, and must also have 2 written summaries that explain the graphic organizer well.
Extra credit is due by the final Friday of the grading period - check the calendar for the actual day.
Must be handed in to Mr. Duez and not sent through e-mail.
|Don't go Jumanji on me! Get it turned in early. If it isn't done right - it doesn't count.|
YOU CAN ONLY DO MOVIE DOCUMENTARY or BOOK FROM THE FALL LIST FOR THE FALL SEMESTER. IN THE SPRING SEMESTER, YOU CAN ONLY USE THE SPRING SEMESTER LIST. (Same for Graphic Org)
If you are not sure whether or not you can choose a video, ask these questions:
1) Is it on the list?
2) Did we watch it during class? (If so it is off limits for extra credit - if you aren't certain ask)
LINK: EXTRA CREDIT REVIEW FORM
WHAP Fall Semester LIST: VIDEOS/BOOKS
WHAP Spring Semester LIST: VIDEOS/BOOKS
EXTRA CREDIT REVIEW:
EXTRA CREDIT REVIEW:
- You MUST write in your 250 word review of the film how it relates back to the textbook
- Name chapters, page numbers, and explain how this video related to content studied (or that would be studied) this semester.
- The review can be worth up to 20% added to your lowest test score of the nine week's period.
- It will not bump ANY single test score above 100% and will only be added to the lowest score.
- This does not transfer to any other type of grade - tests only.
- Don't hesitate to suggest an idea to Mr. Duez if you have something you hope to add to our list.
- You need to print the Review Form, fill it out and follow all of the directions on the form.
- Your printer is broken???? If needed, re-write the Review Form exactly. That'll work.
- Be sure to have a parent signature after completion.